ISO 22000 is written with a structure compatible to other management system standards in the light of ISO 9001:2000 (applying ISO 15161 as guideline) while combining HACCP MS - 21 CFR 110| Codex HACCP.
Benefits of implementing ISO 22000:2018 include:
1. A clear, auditable, global standard providing a framework to bring together all parts of your Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
2. Demonstrates commitment to customer satisfaction
3. Tests compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and your own systems through internal audits and management reviews
4. Improves internal and external communications
5. Improves your organizations image
6. Links pre-requisite programs (PRP’s & OPRP’s), HACCP with the Plan-Do-Study-Act philosophies of ISO9001 to increase the effectiveness of your food management system
7. Requires regular testing of data integrity / lot recall programs and process audits
8. Aligns with other management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001)
Who should use ISO 22000:2018 ?
Since ISO 22000 is a generic food safety management standard it can be used by any organization directly or indirectly involved in the food chain including- Farms, Fisheries and Dairies, Processors of Meats, Fish and Feed, including Manufacturers of soups, snacks, bread, cereal, beverages, canned and frozen food, etc as well as food service providers such as restaurants, fast food chains, hospitals and hotels.
Supporting services should not be forgotten and providers of food transportation storage and distribution, catering services as well as product suppliers for equipment, additives, raw materials, cleaning and sanitizing products, packaging. In short if your products touch the food industry or the food we eat, part or all of the ISO 22000 requirements will apply.
How do we audit a 22000 FSMS?
Our audit process consists of two stages, each of which is provided by checklists to ensure a through understanding of the processes and expectations of each stage.
After your organization completes our stage one checklist an onsite review of your FSMS will be scheduled, this will consist of a through review of your food safety management system by one of our food management system auditors, including PRP’s, OPRP’s, HACCP,
compliance with regulatory and statutory and customer requirements . Mandated procedures, internal audits and management reviews will also be examined to ensure your organization is ready for the second stage of the assessment.
We now test your FSMS, our audit team will be working hands on with your food safety team, looking for compliance to your FSMS, ISO 22000, as well as statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to your organizations position in the food chain and final consumption of product. We will sample all your processes, production methods, controls, PRP’s, HACCP plans and procedures, as well as test your personnel’s skills and knowledge in food safety as well as practical application. Our value added audit process will also allow best practices discussions with your management team and give a unique outsiders view of your present system.
For more information about ISO 22000:2018 Certification, Please contact Info@brilliantcert.com